Looking for the right dental professional doesn’t have to be difficult, not if you get a lot of help along the way. Speaking of handy help, here are a few things to help in your search for a great dentist:
- Ask for referrals. If you’re losing your old dental doctor to retirement, then why not ask for a referral? However, if that doesn’t work out, you can always turn to your friends for help. Get recommendations and suggestions. Ask them to ask people they know as well and for them to get back to you. That way, you’ll find it easier to get a list of prospective names.
- Call the hospital. Ring the nearest hospital and ask if they offer dental services so you could get in touch with their dentistry department. If they don’t have one though, ask for someone who could send over recommendations of reputable clinics they’ve worked with the past, instead.
- Narrow down your list. When you finally come up with a list of names, test the compatibility of each one from here on out, using the following:
- Training and Qualifications. Who has the best training and education of all? Whose specialization lies closer to what you want? For instance, if only 3 out of your 5 prospective names can perform cosmetic dentistry and you’re absolutely set having a few cosmetic procedures done to you, then you’ll have to drop the other two from the list.
- Office Location. Which office is the most convenient for you? Which one offers you easy access and shorter travel times?
- Official Working Hours. Is the dental office only open on weekdays? Do the hours work just fine with your schedule or you want to ask about dropping by after office hours? If your doctor allows you to make appointments after work hours or flexible enough to schedule weekend treatments for you, then you’ve got a good one on your hands.
- Attitude of Staff. How does the staff treat you? Are they polite or brusque? Do they answer customers in a friendly way or do they drive them off with rude and impatient behavior?
- Comfort Level. How comfortable are you with the dentist? Do you see yourself coming back to that same office, year after year, for dental treatments?
These are just some of the things you’ll need to consider in your search for an excellent dental professional. To know more about how to get in touch with the right dentist in West Bloomfield, visit us at Scott J Owens DDS Cosmetic & Family Dentistry.