According to surveys conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) found 99.7% of the participants felt a white, clean, bright smile was essential. Over the past few decades, it has become a social requirement. Not everyone has this type of smile. In fact, very few in West Bloomfield and elsewhere in America, are born with perfect teeth. For those who want to improve their smile, a discussion with a cosmetic dentist is one-step towards this goal.
Options for Improving Your Smile
Cosmetic dentists have several means of improving your smile that may suffer from tooth decay, tooth loss, discolored teeth, crooked teeth, or poor oral hygiene. Some of the possible methods used at a cosmetic dental practice for a smile makeover include
- Teeth Veneers Including Porcelain Veneers
- Teeth Whiteners
- Dental Implants
- Inlays and Onlays
- Teeth Straightening
One of the most popular and effective is dental veneers.
In particular, they utilize this method when whitening of the teeth prove to be ineffective for any of several reasons.
What Are Dental Veneers?
A dental veneer is a term applied to a specific dental procedure involving the attachment of veneers to the existing teeth. The actual veneers are very thin pieces of composite material, either porcelain or resin composites. They will act as a covering layer over the tooth enamel, improving its look and shape.
The Importance of a Consultation
At Dwoskin & Owens Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in West Bloomfield, we understand how important it is to you to have a smile of which you can be proud. Research indicates that smiles help boost self-confidence. They can instill a greater sense of self-worth. Some people even believe it is a factor in obtaining a job promotion. However, the eagerness to have dental veneers must be tempered by the knowledge governing the reality of the procedure.
Cosmetic veneers are permanent attachments. The procedure involves several steps.
- Careful examination of the condition of the teeth – They must be able to support the veneers
- Sculpting of the veneers – To ensure they fit perfectly in place
- Tooth preparation by gently buffing the teeth – This reduces the overall thickness of your teeth. The action provides the cosmetic dentist room to overlay the affected tooth or teeth with the precast veneers. The procedure prepares the surface of the tooth for easy adherence while reducing the chances the veneers will make the teeth more prominent
- Bonding the veneers – Using a special adhesive, the dentist attaches the veneers to the teeth
These slim coverings will alter the appearance of the teeth. The change in color, shape, and setting can be quite remarkable.
Once the veneers are in place, regular brushing and flossing will help keep your new smile bright and attractive.
Veneers and Your Cosmetic Dentist
In West Bloomfield, dental veneers are a popular means of improving a smile. They are an excellent choice of the right candidate.
Contact us today here at Dwoskin & Owens Cosmetic & Family Dentistry for an exam and discussion about whether veneers might be a suitable option for what you want to achieve and details about the veneer costs, which depend on several factors.