Root Canal Treatment
Farmington Hills, MI
If you have been told you need root canal treatment, you may be feeling some anxiety. Root canal treatment, otherwise known as Endotherapy, is a simple and common dental procedure. With modern day technology, tools, and techniques, Dr. Owens performs these routine procedures with skill and expertise.
Root canal treatment is safe and a relatively quick procedure. It usually takes more than one appointment, especially if you need to have a crown placed.
Our Dental Services
Have a Question?
Scott J Owens DDS Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is pleased to provide complete dental care to patients. To schedule a complimentary consultation, please call 248-626-0772 or complete our online consultation form.
Understanding Root Canal Treatment
A root canal is a two-step procedure that treats the problems inside of the tooth that affects the tooth’s nerve and the tissue surrounding it. The first step is to remove the infection and the second seals and fills the inside of the tooth. If the tooth has been damaged in some way, a root canal treatment may be required to restore usage to the tooth for chewing, sensation, bite, and its appearance. Dr. Owens and his staff take great strides to make you as comfortable as possible. The following are the basic steps:
- A small access hole is drilled in the tooth, and the pulp and bacteria are removed.
- The canals are disinfected. Medicine may be inserted inside of the tooth.
- The canals are filled with a rubber cement-like material called gutta percha.
- A filling is placed to fill in the original access hole.
- If placing a crown, the dentist will make a mold of your tooth for it.
- A temporary crown is placed on the tooth for protection.
- A second appointment is made for crown placement.
Root canal treatment is a common dental procedure for damaged or decayed teeth and can save a tooth from extraction. Get the dental care you need at Dr. Scott J. Owens DDS by calling us today at (248) 626-0772 for an appointment.
Scott J Owens DDS Cosmetic & Family Dentists
Monday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m.–1 p.m.
2nd Saturday of month 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
32931 Middlebelt Rd. Suite #608
Farmington Hills, MI 48334